JLD-Studios is looking for talented seamstresses and enthusiastic interns to join our team! We have an immediate opening for a part-time sewer available evenings and weekends. Internships are scheduled on a quarterly basis, and we work with your schedule.
Many of our interns and freelancers have become full-time staff here at JLD-Studios, or have gone on to work for big names, including Columbia Sportswear, Fred Meyer, and Merell (just to name a few). Currently accepting applications from current students and recent grads! Apply today!
CURRENT AVAILABLE JOBS:
- Experienced Apparel Production Sewer – PART-TIME
- Production Assistant – INTERN
Experienced Apparel Production Sewer
JLD-Studios is an apparel manufacturer with a sewing factory in NE Portland. Looking for candidates with at least 3 years of experience as a production sewer using industrial machines. Experience in apparel construction preferred.
– 3 years production line sewing
– Operation of 3 and 4 thread Industrial Serger
– Operation of Coverstitch
– Operation of Single Needle Industrial Lockstitch
– Attaching Zippers, Elastic, Bindings, and Labels
– Finishing Hems with Coverstitch or rolled hem attachment
– Operate industrial sewing machines
– Create garments following samples and technical package
– Insure quality construction with minimal errors, repair when necessary
– Meet daily and weekly productivity goals
– Maintain a clean and organized work environment
– Observe machine operation to identify and correct faulty stitches, or notify supervisor for needed repairs
Fashion Coordinator/Marketing Intern
Opportunity to learn about online marketing campaigns, including social media, blogging, and general website SEO as it relates to the fashion industry.
It’s a great opportunity to learn how to react in real-time to what’s happening. Wide range of products covered, allowing greater growth potential.
– Must have a solid interest in web, social media, and everything FASHION
– Knowledgeable on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and
Pinterest, Instagram, and HootSuite
– Possess strong writing skills
– Strategic thinker with strong research skills and ability to articulate findings
– Ability to take direction and work independently when needed
SCHEDULE: Two days per week, hours 10am – 3pm
APPLY: email resume and cover letter including the following information to email@example.com.
– Describe 3 current fashion trends happening right now
– List your top 3 favorite fashion blogs
– Explain which social media platform is your favorite and why
Internships last for three months, 10 hours each week, and are hands on. We won’t ask you to go get coffee, though with 2 espresso machines in the office, you can easily stay caffeinated! Designers use Adobe Suite and Marketing Interns will mostly use various online social media/marketing platforms. While the internships are unpaid, we will work with you to attain school credit and provide a true industry learning environment.
Please submit your resume, portfolio example, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering a position with JLD-Studios. We hope to hear from you soon!