Too much leg? Not carrying a club on the highway? Here’s a list of 15 funny fashion laws in the United States.
- In Georgia it is illegal to change the clothes on a storefront mannequin unless you draw the shades first. I mean, we’re just being modest, right?
- In Fargo, North Dakota it states that a person who is wearing a hat while they are dancing or is present at an event where people are dancing could be jailed. So, no shoes, no shirt, no hat, no service?
- Cleveland, Ohio says it’s illegal for women to wear patent leather shoes in public. Heaven forbid they give a gentleman an unintentional peep (toe?) show!
- In Natoma, Kansas it’s illegal to throw knives at men wearing striped suits. So… what they’re saying is we can throw knives at men wearing solid suits? Huh.
- In New Hampshire it’s forbidden to sell the clothes you’re wearing to pay off a gambling debt.
- A city in Arizona made it illegal for men to wear suspenders. (Uh oh! Watch out Hipsters!)
- In California there’s a law that says that you cannot wear cowboy boots unless you own at least two cows. Well, at least they are keeping those wannabes in check!
- US Legislation says that a woman is not allowed to wear a bathing suit on a highway, unless she is accompanied by at least two police offers OR is armed with a club. For protection, of course!
- A Wisconsin law makes it clear that people who look offensive may not go out in public. Well, that’s just rude!
- In Nebraska a mother may not give her daughter a perm without a state license. Probably for the best on that one!
- In New Jersey they have a law stating it is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season
- An Alabama law forbids men from wearing a funny fake mustache to church. You mushtachin’ be joking!
- In North Dakota it is also illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.
- Vermont states that a woman must obtain written permission from her husband in order to wear false teeth.
- In Groton, Connecticut “any utterances from a man in a bow tie are not to be credited.” Fair enough.
Of course, none of these laws are still enforced. But, you’d never know when you might find yourself in a pickle over patent leather shoes!
Did you enjoy these funny fashion laws? Click here to read some more!